Saturday, October 14, 2017

WC4 is out, and I am Pissed Off

Note: I rewrote this one completely

Easytech just released another title. The 4th of the World Conqueror titles is now on the Play Store, selling for $0.99.
Should you be excited? Possibly. Am I? Heck no.
Why? It looks like Easytech is going wrong again. First we had GoG2, where Easytech inexplicably created $400 IAPs and dropped Conquest. Then came EW5, where we had to endlessly farm a single commodity to advance. Now comes Easytech's back-to-basics WC3 remake. Now I can tell you think I shouldn't be whining, because WC3 was a good game.
Of course I'm complaining. We've seen too bleeding many WWII titles already, and I'm tired of that. The WC series is all WWII, most War movies are WWII, and the History Channel used to be flooded with WWII stuff until it became a Reality Channel. The point is: enough bloody WWII.
But that's not all, obviously. WC3 is still compatible with the most recent Android, iOS, and Windows devices, so I could just play it now if I wanted to. When I say WC3 and WC4 are hecking similar, I mean it. We've got the same generals with slightly different skills, the same IAPs with the same price tags (which were outrageous then), and largely the same graphics. I don't need this.
Lastly, the rollout was botched. The Play Store app crashes with connection errors according to all the comments, and Easytech's response is to spam the comments with the same copy-pasted response. Obviously, I'm disappointed

On that note, I wanted them to do something like EW5. It had so much potential, but it seems Easytech chose not to capitalize on it. That's how Hollywood does business nowadays, and apparently it's ET's way now too.

I'm not going to download it until its free, but if anyone wants to guest-blog on here about it every now and then, I'll happily have that.